It’s so wonderful to be nominated for an award so soon in my blogging “career”! Many thanks to Ruth at HistorianRuby for the nomination. I love reading her posts on history – one of my favorite topics, as you know. (She’s also a great supporter of new bloggers in general.)
The rules are:
Thank the person who nominated you with a link to their site
7 Facts about yourself
- I’ve been living in a rural area of southwest Colorado for almost 33 years, but before that, I moved constantly as an Army brat. I prefer being settled, though I love traveling. I especially enjoy long road trips around America, seeing our public lands, unique small towns, and finding family history.
- I have the attention span of a gnat – or a 2-year-old. Oh, no, I don’t mean they’re the same thing!
- Love dogs, especially mutts with bad behavior habits. I’m a terrible dog trainer.
- Since my husband retired, I’ve had the opportunity to take on my new career in creative pursuits, especially writing. One of these days I’ll get back to watercolor and other things. When I learn to…focus, yeah.
- A couple years ago, I finally had the chance to do a remodel on the house my hubby built in 1992. OMG – I love my new kitchen and bathroom! I confess that I’ve become a huge hot-water hog since we got the larger shower. Increasing my carbon footprint. Shame on me.
- I’ve gone back and forth between being shy and being outgoing, but I’m really a natural introvert. Right now I’m in one of my hiding phases.
- I will do anything for my friends, even if we haven’t been in touch in decades. I’m always here for you guys!
Since I’m new to blogging, these are some sites I’ve followed and found interesting
(Don’t feel any obligation to participate – I’m sure some of you have already been nominated)