By Eilene Lyon
I’ve been nominated for a second Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you muchly to Dane at Bar Stool Talk for the honor. He has a great blog with a theme all related to bars (the kind you drink in, say, as opposed to monkey bars or candy bars). Fun historical bits mixed with explanations about things you find in bars. Check him out!
The rules for this award are simple:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share 7 things about you – one of the purposes of this award is to get to know one another better.
- Nominate 7 bloggers who you’ve been following or have recently discovered who you believe deserve some recognition. Another purpose of this award is to promote networking among bloggers.
Here are seven things about me! (Oh my):
- Every year I plant a vegetable garden, mostly from seed, in about 100 square feet on the northwest corner of the house. Yes, the shadiest possible place! Because it’s about the only level piece of dirt on this entire property that has water. I love eating food I’ve grown. Every year I have different “star” performers. The first year, tomatoes and spaghetti squash. Last year, salad greens, rhubarb, and zucchini. I also plant in some containers, mostly herbs and hot peppers.
- I don’t kill the bugs I find in the house, instead, I scoop them up and take them outside. Sometimes with my bare hands! (But only the Hemiptera and crickets). Okay, that’s not 100% true. Mosquitoes must die. Every time. Hey, I’m not a saint, dammit.
- My favorite food is cheese, or anything made with cheese. If cheese ceased to exist, I would, too, because I’m pretty sure by this time that about 75% of my cellular matter consists of dairy product. I’m a biologist. I know these things.
- Reading is my all-time most favorite thing to do. I’m a blogger’s dream come true. I’ll even read your source citations. How crazy is that?
- When I was a kid, we had a reel-to-reel tape recorder/player so that we could listen to tapes my dad sent us from Vietnam. My brother and I would use spare tapes to create our own “radio” shows: music, banter, advertising, news, you name it. We had a blast!
- I’m really trying hard to curb my habit of interrupting hubby when he’s talking – probably his biggest peeve about me. I don’t seem to behave that way with other people so much. Yep, it must be him. Not me. Really.
- Okay, seriously, my self-improvement project du jour is to live the adage, “Don’t say ‘Something must be done’ but rather ‘I must do something’.” Instead of getting annoyed about a situation I see, ask myself “What can I do to help?”
And here are seven bloggers you should check out:
(As always, participation is voluntary!)
(Tip: If you want the ping backs to work for your nominees, link to one of their blog posts, not their home page.)